Our favorite thing to wake up to in the morning: Matcha and -a-little-bit-of-everything-else too- tea! This recipe is from Laura Lee Balanced & is absolutely amazing- prior to this I was drinking just Matcha & Golden Milk – which is an awesome combo too! DO NOT feel like you need to purchase all of the below to reap the benefits. Main ingredient is Matcha- everything else is a bonus! I call it our Anti-Gremlin tea.
Side Note- At first when I saw this recipe- I was very skeptical. We actually really aren’t “supplement people”. A lot of supplements do not get absorbed in the body and it can be just a bunch of mumbo jumbo for the vitamin/supplement companies to make money- but the below supplements/herbs are tried & true- for us!
- 1 Teaspoon Matcha powder – Our favorite: Teami Blends
- 1/2 Teaspoon Golden Milk [or turmeric powder]- Our Favorite: Gaia (turmeric, date & spice powder)
- Splash of Vanilla Extract
- Lots of cinnamon [to taste]
- Splash of Maple Extract [optional, but my fav]
- 1/4 Teaspoon Spirulina [optional]
- 1 Teaspoon of Coconut Butter [optional] -Our Favorite: Nikki’s Vanilla Cake Batter
- 2 drops of Stevia or a drop of honey [we don’t add this because the extracts make it sweet enough BUT if you’d like it a little sweeter]
–Boil 2 cups of water (or milk of your choice- we also love it with cashew. But on a regular basis we use just plain old water). Once the water is boiling, throw everything in the blender and mix it up-
- Golden Milk Benefits: Contains Turmeric, Dates & herbs. Anti-inflammatory & filled with antioxidants. I actually learned about this when I worked on the Bone Marrow/Oncology unit & a whole post on turmeric benefits is a must!
- Spirulina: Bacteria aka cyanobacterium or simply put, blue green algae. Antioxidant & anti-inflammatory. Contains Phycocyanin, which fights free radicals. Spirulina can help lower LDL and triglyceride levels.
- Coconut Butter: First off, we just plain old like the taste of coconut- if I didn’t we’d likely leave this out BUT this delish Cake Batter Coconut Butter- Recommended by Laura Lee Balanced- has been life changing. Coconut butter helps with appetite control & increases energy levels because it is high in lauric acid. As a medium-chain-triglyceride, it’s structure allows our bodies to soak it up easily; therefore, in a sense, it serves as a quick source of energy. Great for digestion & combats nasty bacteria!
Cheers all & have A Happy Monday Night!
4 thoughts on “Morning (Anti-Gremlin) Concoction”
Is this recipe for 2 servings? Same caffeine as a cup of coffee?
Yes it’s about 2 cups!
I feel like you used to have collagen on this recipe? Am I thinking of something else?
We were using it for awhile but then learned mixing protein in with matcha inhibits EGCG absorption 😭😭 so we leave it out now!