Twix Brownies- because life is about moderation + sometimes, you have to treat yourself! My husband’s favorite candy is Twix- so that is how I first stumbled upon this dreamy recipe. It’s our second time making these and they get better and better somehow EVERY.TIME. This week I made it for a coworker’s birthday at work! Definitely a hit with the dietitians because it’s so yummy and what’s not to love! We cut them in pretty small pieces- so like I said, we do enjoy them in moderation. I would compare the size we had to about the length of your middle finger and the width of a quarter hahaha if that gives you a good picture into the portion size world of dietitians [sometimes we went back for seconds but when you start with a small piece- that’s ok!!!]
Recipe: Life in the Lofthouse
- 1 cup butter, softened [or 1/2 C applesauce- we used butter]
- 2 cups sugar [we used 2/3 C + 3 Tbsp of Truvia]
- 4 large eggs [or flax eggs- we used regular]
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour [we used whole wheat]
- 1 (10 oz.) box Lorna Doone’s shortbread cookies
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened [can substitute with 1 C plain yogurt- we used cream cheese]
- 1/2 cup sugar [we used 3 1/2 Tbsp of truvia]
- 1 (11 oz.) bag caramel bits
- 2 Tablespoons milk [we used cashew]
- 1 1/2 cups milk or dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon shortening [we used coconut oil]
- BROWNIES: Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9×13-inch glass baking pan with non-stick spray. Cream butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined. Add salt, cocoa powder and flour gradually to wet mixture until combined. Don’t over mix. Pour brownie batter into prepared pan and spread out evenly. Bake 25 to 28 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- SHORTBREAD LAYER: Place shortbread cookies in a food processor and crush until fine crumbs. Place crumbs in a bowl and add cream cheese and sugar. Beat with a hand-mixer until combined. Press this mixture evenly over cooled brownies.
- CARAMEL LAYER: Place caramel bits and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted. Pour over shortbread layer. Place in fridge to let cool completely.
- CHOCOLATE LAYER: Place chocolate chips and shortening [or coconut oil] in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until melted. Pour over caramel layer. Place in fridge to let brownies set before slicing and serving.
-The Neilan Family-
3 thoughts on “Twix Brownies”
These look amazing.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m on a diet.. I’m on a diet.. Screw it i’m going to make these! I love Twix 🙂 Awesome recipe Thank you for sharing !
I would love for you to check out my latest post and blog xx
LikeLiked by 1 person
Oh my god these look amazing!!! I’m definitely going to make these