Well hi there & Happy Thanksgiving morning!! It is still super early and Knox (our pup) is passed out and Patrick just left for another day in the MICU. So before things get crazy at my parents house today, I wanted to share my favorite holiday treat! We make it for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Now I know a lot of people like the cranberry sauce from the can and no judgement here- but I am just not a fan. Could be the bitter taste or the ridges from the can on the cranberry sauce when its poured out- who knows! So when I make this recipe- I make it as is. Sometimes you cannot mess with perfection; however, I did put some modifications in for you all if you want to avoid all the sugar.
- 1 (12oz) Bag of Fresh Cranberries
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar (3/4 C Truvia Sugar Cane Blend)
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 (6oz) pkg. Raspberry Gelatin (key is raspberry flavor and you’d be surprised when it’s all finished, you’d never know it’s raspberry. It has a “lighter” taste than the cherry and strawberry so you taste more of the cranberry!)
- 1 Cup Thinly Sliced Celery (Yup- there’s a veggie in there- and it adds incredible crunch to it)
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
I just want to add here that if you have a favorite fruit/nut you can add 1/2 C in! Apples, almonds, raisins, pineapples- sky is the limit!
- Rinse cranberries and remove stems (if any)
- Place berries in a large pot
- Add sugar and water and stir to blend. Bring to boil, then lower heat and cook 5 minutes until berries are bursting
- Remove pot from heat and stir in raspberry gelatin until gelatin dissolves
- Cool in refrigerator until mixture begins to thicken, then add celery and nuts
- Pour into mod or bundt pan and refrigerate until firm (4-5 hours or overnight)
Happy Thanksgiving from Our Family to Yours!
P.S. Remember to eat when you’re hungry and stop when you’re full- you can always have leftovers and in my opinion they’re equally yummy!
One thought on “Mom’s (Not-So-Secret-Anymore) Cranberry Nut Mold”
Looks too tasty