The cousin of regular pesto. Just another glorious + delicious way to get greens in. Probably the most simple + easy sauce recipe that’s out there. Kids won’t even know they’re eating broccoli [win]!
- 1 Cup Cooked Broccoli [either boil, steam, microwave]
- 1 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 C Parmesan Cheese [optional]
- 1/4 C Pine nuts [or any kind of nut you’ve got on hand]
- Throw everything into the food processor!
- Take pesto and put it in a frying pan to warm up- feel free to add more olive oil or water to thin it up!
- I like to add some pine nuts + more red pepper on top at the end for garnish!
That is it! So, so simple. We make this all the time- with always a little extra, so I can freeze and pull it out on another busy week night.
– The Neilan Family –