Tried this for the first time last week + Patrick and I are totally hooked. I wasn’t sure Patrick would be quite as much of a fan as I was – so I actually made him another dinner as well but he WANTED the soup [4 nights in a row until it was gone]!! That is what you call success my friends! Perfect for this change from fall to winter – curl up in a ball and enjoy this super simple soup!
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 5 carrots [or more! we used the whole package], chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 diced jalapeno peppers
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon or 1 vegetable bouillon cube [we used low sodium]
- 2 tablespoons butter [we used vital farms]
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour [or gluten free flour of your choice]
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese [we left this out]
- In a large pot, combine cauliflower, jalapeno carrot, celery, water and bouillon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender [do not drain]
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in the flour and pepper until it is mixed well.
- Gradually add almond milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in the cheese [if desired] until melted. Stir into the cauliflower mixture.
Hope you enjoy
-The Neilan Family-