I know it’s winter, but we have this smoothie year round because it is oh- so-yummy + full of all kinds of fiber, antioxidant goodness! Like we mentioned in the Matcha smoothie recipe, feel free to turn it into a smoothie bowl + top with granola/oats/seeds/pecans/honey/ +/or chia seeds!
- 1 cup frozen sweet potatoes* OR 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (omit depending on appetite- when we’re hungry enough, we’ll add the almond or peanut butter)
- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder (optional- again, depends on hunger)
- 2 tablespoons honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Ice to taste
*For the sweet potatoes, I keep diced + peeled sweet potatoes in our freezer for easy smoothie use!
P.S. One of my favorite things to add to smoothies (usually when I’m turning them into a meal) is rolled oats! SOO yummy and thickens it right up! If you decide to add oats, start with 1/4 C.
-The Neilan Family-