We had some zucchini in the fridge and that’s when it hit me – WE NEED ZUCCHINI FRIES STAT!! I wanted to make something gluten free for my Celiac friends! They also happen to be PALEO friendly!
ingredients for fries
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan Sea Salt, more to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh parmesan [optional]
- 2 eggs [can replace with almond milk if vegan]
ingredients for spicy garlic sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, roasted
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons regular or vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper, more to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons of chili paste or red pepper [optional]
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3. Cut zucchini into thick slices and pat dry with a paper towel.
- 4. In a large mixing bowl, mix almond meal, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parmesan if using.
- 5. In a separate shallow bowl crack eggs and whisk together.
- 6. Dip zucchini strips into egg, then dredge in ‘breadcrumb’ mix. Make sure they are well coated.
- 7. Lay flat on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping half way to ensure even baking until they are golden brown and crispy.
- 9. While zucchini fries are baking prepare the spicy garlic dip.
- 7. In a bowl whisk together mayo, roasted garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes [or chili paste]. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Place in serving dish of choice and set aside.
- 8. Serve the zucchini fries warm with the roasted garlic dip and other dips of choice.
Recipe adapted from: Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
We hope you enjoy!
-The Neilan Family-