It’s been awhile since we posted a fantastic dessert recipe, so HERE. IT. IS. The best cookie of all time. There is only ONE way I love my cookies and that is super chewy/gooey. The key to this is making your cookies HUGE. Yes, that is the answer. I am still all about portion control sooo I typically cut our gigantic cookies in half or in fourths depending how I’m feeling/how hungry! Definitely give these guys a try and if you prefer crunch, just make them a bit smaller!
There are two ways to make this recipe depending on how decadent you want to get or what the occasion is! Try subbing half the butter for applesauce to decrease some of that saturated fat! Delicious both ways, if you are bringing to an event or if it is an occasion or if you just feel like the real thing, we recommend keeping the recipe as is. It definitely is a cookie that will impress!!!
- 1 C Butter [cut into cubes for easier mixing] As mentioned above you can sub half of the butter for applesauce
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Sugar [we used coconut sugar]
- 2 Eggs [we used vital farms]
- 2 1/2 C Flour [we used 100% whole wheat]
- 1/2 C Coconut Flour [if you don’t have it, just add another 1/2 of reg flour or whatever you used for the above- we just love that little hint of coconut]
- 1 Tsp Corn starch
- 3/4 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 2 C Chocolate Chips
- 1 C Walnuts Chopped
- 1 Package of Pistachio Pudding Mix OR 1 C Pistachios [this step is optional]
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and regular sugar until creamy
- Add eggs one at a time
- Stir in flours, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix just until combined without over mixing
- Stir in chocolate chips, walnuts and/or pistachios
- Separate dough into LARGE balls and place on pre-greased cookie sheet.
- The dough should make 8 extra large cookies [they will look gigantic]
- Bake for 9-12 minutes. They will look like they are not thoroughly cooked but they are!
- Let them sit for 10 minutes
We hope you enjoy this sweet treat!
– The Neilan Family-