Sometimes you just need a rich, comfy and cozy meal! CUE LASAGNA! This recipe makes my little Italian heart so happy. I love lasagna to pieces but oddly enough marinara sauce isn’t my favorite to have all the time. So I whipped up this delicious lasagna with a light white sauce. Typically the moment you hear white sauce you think: heavy whipping cream, cheese etc. Not the case! The sauce we used for this recipe had neither! Patrick and I did add cheese to the lasagna so although the sauce is plant based the entire recipe is not; however, you can omit the cheese and add nutritional yeast should my vegans wish to give it a try!
We separated the sauce + lasagna recipe because the sauce is SO amazing- you can use it with plain pasta too.
- whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 (15-ounce) package ricotta [we used part skim]
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions.
- Spread 1 cup mushroom sauce onto the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish; top with 3 lasagna noodles, 3 dollops of the ricotta cheese on each lasagna noodle, sprinkle spinach + broccoli, as well as mozzarella cheese and Parmesan. Repeat with a second, third and fourth layer if you have enough space, ingredients, and noodles. [we had 4 layers]
- Place into oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until bubbling. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until top is browned in spots. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Serve, garnished with parsley, if desired.
recipe adapted from: damndelicious.net
– The Neilan Family –
One thought on “Spinach, Mushroom + Broccoli Lasagna”
LikeLiked by 1 person